Monday, April 28, 2008

Quilting and Paducah

On friday I came home from Paducah, KY totally buzzed! When my eyes were shut, all I saw was quilting designs. Teeny, tiny little circles, stipples and gorgeous flowing feathers. My minds impressions also spied numerous colors of thread, fabrics and design! The AQS quilt show was a success!
I did not notice any slump of economy here! No, no, no! Ladies upon ladies and bags upon bags with a few men and babies thrown in and around abounded at every turn. The carts in Hancock's of Paducah were filled to overflowing with remnants of designer fabrics. I think that many homes were going to groan wondering where even more cotton was going to be stored! Quilt making, here we come!
You are probably wondering what I got, huh? If they got all that, you must have gotten all this!
Wellll, I got lots of close up pictures of quilting. I bought a booklet with new and innovative quilting designs to add to my collection, a few 1/2 yard peices to finish up a flannel quilt and a kit to make the cutest purse! I get so overwhelmed at places like that. I just can't think straight! So, I end up with "vanilla!" I say that because when I was a kid and went to the ice cream store, I tried all the flavors that they would give me on a little spoon, and just ended up with "vanilla!" Too many decisions!
I really did just go to focus on winning quilts and look at designs. That is where I get my inspiration from. I get to talk to all my teachers, try out all the "other" quilting machines, ask questions, and search for books or dvd's that will help me be a better and better quilter for my customers! I think it accomplished its task! Thank you, Paducah.
By the way, so much goes on in that little town on this big quilt weekend that you can get soooo mixed up on the streets. I was so busy looking at the quilt stores and signs that I did not notice all the one way streets. Yep, I went down the wrong street and someone was coming at me! Get out of the way!!! The next time, I tried to get to Quilt in a Day and saw a one way street ahead so quick went to make a right turn instead and nearly got smashed into! Screeeeech! Oops, I really am sorry! Oh, then people stop in front of me and cause me to slam on my breaks. It is a real fiasco, but worth the effort!
Until Next Time,
Get a trolley! Let's see those quilts! I can finish them for you!!
Nancy

No comments: